Akmola region is the grain capital of Kazakhstan with a huge tourist potential!
The main branches of the economy:
- 25% of the national volume of high-quality food wheat.
- 87% of the land area occupied by agricultural land.
- Food belt Astana.
- 23% of the total sown area in Kazakhstan is in the region.
- On the territory of the region there are two national parks and one reserve.
- Shchuchinsko-Borovskaya resort area is recognized by Kazakhstan as “Little Switzerland” because of the unique natural and climatic conditions.
- 135 deposits are free of subsoil use rights.
- 21% of Gross Regional Product.
- The volume of production of the mining industry is growing, the basis of which is the extraction of rubble, iron ore, and non-ferrous metal ores.